Residential Fire Damage
Our professionals know that fires are devastating to your home and your family. The experts at ServiceMaster Restore® work with you to recover your contents and your home after fire/smoke damage.
Long after a fire has been extinguished, damage to your home and belongings may continue. Many types of furniture and flooring materials are synthetic. When burned, these contents can generate complex chemical reactions. That’s why it’s important to contact a disaster recovery expert.
ServiceMaster Restore® professionals start by evaluating the damage and then sitting down with you to discuss the best ways to repair it. They will communicate the fire/smoke damage restoration plan before the work begins. Depending on the type of fire/smoke damage and the extent of the damage, the customized restoration plan has several steps, including removing fire/smoke damaged items, deodorizing the air, and cleaning every affected surface. We also secure your home by boarding up windows or doors as needed. We also provide services to protect your salvageable possessions by storing them in an offsite secure, climate-controlled warehouse during the restoration process.
ServiceMaster Restore’s Fire restoration process includes:
• Determine the type of fire that occurred by identifying the source to
• Evaluate the damaged areas either by fire/smoke or water from extinguishing the fire.
• Remediating water damage (if any)
• Evaluate sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke and soot particles
• Removing contents
• Performing structural restoration, which includes removal of fire/smoke damaged contents that may seal in smoke, such as insulation and burned wood and carpets and floor coverings
• Inspection of the framing of the house and subfloors for safety
• Cleaning, eliminating odors, and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition (see Odor Damages services below)
• Returning your household contents to the original location and helping to restore your everyday life
ServiceMaster Restore’s Odor Damage Services includes:
• We use advanced deodorization tools to eliminate odor from your home:
• Hydroxyl Generators use hydroxyl radicals eliminating odor
• Portable ozone generators create Ozone that is an oxidizing agent produced
• OdorKlenz® technology contains a natural, effective deodorizing process that removes odors and air particulates using OdorKlenz-Air® cartridges in traditional air scrubbers.
• Air scrubbers use high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration to remove odorous particles from the air
• Thermal fogging neutralizes odor, using a strong deodorizer that penetrates everywhere the smoke traveled.
We proudly service Acadiana homeowners and are available 24/7, 365 days a year, to provide the best fire/smoke damage restoration services possible.