Our professionals are trained to clean virtually all types of rugs, from shags to Persian. We use tools and equipment designed for whatever kind of rug you have, including synthetic, wool, cotton, silk and many other types.
Preserving Your Rugs For Years to Come
ServiceMaster Clean® professionals know that if rugs are to last, they must be cleaned and handled properly. There are several weave types, as well as materials, piles and dyes used to make rugs. That’s why it's important to consult an expert that knows how to clean each rug type. And if you have an antique or vintage rug that you want to hand down from generation to generation, you’ll require an expert who knows how to properly clean and preserve them.
Keep Your Rugs Looking Great Between Cleanings
All rugs - whether machine made, hand-made, small rug or a large rug carpet - will last longer and retain value through the years if properly cleaned and cared for. Steps you can take to keep your area rugs clean:
- Sweep your hard surface floors often. This helps keep the dirt at bay that would eventually get caught deep in the rug’s fibers.
- Vacuum the rug at least once per week to prevent dirt from being ground into the pile. Vacuum the back of the rug every other month.
- A good quality vacuum is important to provide cleanliness and helps to prevent the presence of dust mites, moths and carpet beetles. Look for a vacuum with a HEPA filter.
- Change your air conditioner and furnace filters often to reduce the amount of dust in the air.
- Leave shoes at the door. Shoes drag in the outdoor elements and help to crush down the fibers of the carpet faster.