Every rug is unique. Every need is different.
ServiceMaster Clean® knows that your rugs become a part of the family as they are passed down from generation to generation. In order for them to last for generations to come, they must be handled properly by professionals. Individualized attention allows ServiceMaster Clean® to offer service consistent with the needs of the rug and their customers.
Care instructions vary from rug to rug, but here are some general tips to keep in mind. For the best results, always refer to the care information that comes with your rug.
- Rugs should be vacuumed without a beater bar.
- Some rugs, like tufted rugs, shed more than others. For these rugs, frequent vacuuming is a must.
- Keep your rug out of direct sunlight to prevent colors from fading. If your rug is getting too much exposure, consider adding window treatments to shade the sun and keep colors bright.
- To prevent your rug from showing wear, rotate it once a year. In higher-traffic areas, rotate your rug more often so it wears evenly. If your rug has constant exposure to the sun it will fade, but the occasional rotation will equalize the effects.
- How to treat spills depends on the material the rug is made of. But the rule of thumb? Clean spills immediately. Always refer to the special care information included with your rug.
- For outdoor rugs, shake them to remove dirt, or hose them off with a garden hose. Then let them air-dry in the sun.
Traditional Wool Pile
Cut Pile Broadloom
Shag or Frieze